Thursday, November 12, 2009

We need a bigger bed


Have you ever been to that point … right before you fall asleep… right before you nod off… only to have your entire body make a sudden jerky movement and BAM! You are wide awake. You maybe have that sensation of falling… or that you are being hit and you and trying to get away. It is annoying – right?

Think about how annoying it would be if someone else thought you were falling. That’s right. Someone else thinks YOU are falling. For the past couple weeks Mr. will grab me in the middle of the night “because he thinks I am falling off the bed.” At first I thought it was a one time occurrence – he was having a crazy dream or something and in that dream I was falling off the bed so he was trying to save me. But no... it happens almost every other night.

But when that same “dream” occurs almost every night it gets pretty annoying. And when this “dream” also involves him rolling over and smacking me with both arms in the middle of the night? Equally annoying.

I have started to smack him back and he always mumbles something in his sleep… most of the time it is about me falling off the bed. He never remembers any of this the next morning and he thinks I am making all of it up.

**Let me just say, I have never fallen off the bed. Well, except that one time in college… but that was due to one too many lemon drop shots and having my bed perched on top of my dresser and desk. 8 feet off the ground. With no railings. The person that thought it would be a good idea to give college students lofted beds had obviously also had one too many lemon drop shots.***

Maybe this is his way of taking some aggression out on me? Maybe he is trying to save me from falling?

Any dream analysts out there?

13 Additional Thoughts:

Minnesota Girl said...

haha! Funny I just did a post about a crazy wedding dream I had. Dreams can be so strange.

mFw said...

A girl at my school fell off her lofted bed because she was trying to hit snooze on her alarm clock and ended up with a concussion and in the hospital. So, it can happen it anyone.

Solar Powered said...

Kind of sweet that he's trying to save you :)

J said...

This made me giggle because BF "falls" so often and it wakes me up! I would kill him if he thought I was falling.

SPARK said...

I slept on one of those tempurpedic beds the other week. the ones on the commercial with the red wine glass on one end and the lady jumping up and down on the other. Let me tell you, IT'S FOR REAL! Maybe give that a try. You can't tell another person is in the bed at all!

Mrs. Shelton said...

Okay..that is pretty funny reading it. I'm sure it's not funny at 2 in the morning. It is really odd that he does it every night. Hmmmm. Wish I could help him. We have a king size bed and anytime I get out to go to bathroom or check on Lilly I come back and he is TOTALLY on my side of the bed leaving me maybe 1 foot to sleep!

Ms. M said...

No dream insights here! But I just have to tell you that I thought your post was really funny! I'm sorry because I know it isn't supposed to be funny, but you have a great way to tell this story!

Jenn said...

Does he remember it the next day? I'm him in my relationship, I do things like that all the time and we apparently have entire conversations (usually nonsense) that I have no recollection of.

KathleenKMM said...

I am so happy somebody else gets that feeling - I thought it was just me!

My problem is the Conservinator ends up sleeping draped over me. It drives me batty. I like my space when I sleep!

Solar Powered said...

Have a great trip!

icing on the cake said...

How funny. I used to dream that K was somehow about to fall out of our bed (weird since she has been in the crib since day one). I am a king bed girl - everyone needs space!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

weird! that would freak me out!!

What Kate Wore said...

Aw, he's trying to save you, that's so sweet! Notwithstanding the ensuing lack of sleep - yikes! Hope it gets better!

And may the week ahead be good to you!
tp

 
custom blog design