Monday, January 5, 2009

Updates

It has been a while since I last did a baby update, so here you go....

This picture was taken about 10 days ago... and yes, I am larger since then. I will be glad when the puffy face goes away.



Baby M should be the size of a butternut squash. (About 15 in long and 2.5 pounds)



I took my glucose test a couple of days before Christmas and I passed! The stuff you have to drink was not bad at all .... I downed it all in seconds.

We are going to register this weekend. I am thinking Babies r Us and maybe Target. The return policy at Target is awful, so I may cross that one off the list.

We ordered our glider a couple weeks ago - it is a gliding recliner! It is incredibly comfy, plus takes up less room than a chair + ottoman. The recliner handle is hidden between the cushions, so it looks really nice. This is just the floor sample - ours will be a yellow velvet.
The nursery is going to be painted in the coming weeks.

We sent in our forms and such for all of the child birthing prep classes. Just the thought of these classes freak me out. Normally, I am one of those people that wants to know everything, but I think that in this case what I don't know wont hurt me. But, since we could not pick and choose the classes at the hospital, we get them all. They start in the coming weeks.

We still do not know the sex of the baby and have not decided on first names. We already have the middle names decided on... but they will be kept secret until Baby M is here.

I am going to start a private blog for the baby... I will do a post when that is complete, if you are interested in an invite.

Pants are becoming less and less comfortable. I have always preferred dresses to pants, and this is still true. I just ordered 6 dresses from BabyCenter.com -- if you are pregnant, check it out. They are closing their online store, so everything is on clearance. I got designer dresses for about $20 / each. (I ordered my stuff last week... it looks like their inventory is way down now.)



I have not indulged in any pregnancy pampering, but I am thinking that right before my due date I will treat myself to a mani/pedi and full on wax session. Yes, I am that vain.

Other than the nightly heart burn, I am feeling great.

23 Additional Thoughts:

Jenn said...

Hey, this is your cousin-in-law (my dad is Tom, your hubby's uncle). I was trying to find a Myspace or Facebook for you and this is what came up. Haven't seen you since the wedding in June, and I just wanted to congratulate you on the baby. Very exciting!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You look so darling - congrats again!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you look great! thanks for the tips on the dresses. i don't love dresses because i don't like my legs, but i may change my tune later.

have fun registering. i can't wait to hear your recommendations on baby gear and products.

i am already having the nightly heartburn. i hope you continue to feel great with that exception. your preppy baby will be here soon!

Stephanie said...

You look so incredibly adorable!

ms. mindless said...

you are still so cute pregnant!

Mojito Maven said...

i think you look FABULOUS and I LOVE the dresses!!

Yes, we must get together soon!!!!!!!!!! even if just for coffee (or tea for you?...can you have caffine?)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Glad you're feeling great except for the heartburn. And even if you don't feel great, you look like it - fabulous hair!

CRICKET said...

In response to your other post, I just want to share that after 2 kids I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant and while life is different, more hectic it is so much better than before I had children. ANs yesterday when I was at Target and was choosing to buy leggings for myself or a sweater for my baby girl - I got the leggings for moi! Have fun, what an exciting time.

Ticey said...

you look so cute! If you decide you want to indulge in a prenatal massage let me know...I had the most amazing one a few weeks ago! She's in Frisco, but that's not too far. Also, I definitely want an invite to the baby blog!

The Shabby Princess said...

You look fantastic!! Have sooo much fun registering. Isn't it fun to pick out things for people to buy you? (well, Baby M in this case)

So many exciting things going on! Glad to hear that you're feeling good--except for the heartburn.

And you should totally get a mani pedi and wax before Baby M comes, you'll feel fantastic and it might be a while before you get do that again.

have a great day!!

lml said...

You look so cute in that dress!

Jen said...

I completely agree with you on the pants comment. I hate them right now! Good luck with the classes. We have one left and they aren't too bad.

hqm said...

You look adorable...
Sounds like the planning is coming along...those classes can be a little overwhelming. My husband and I were asked to leave a class, due to uncontrolable giggling.

TCP said...

You look great! I think we must be due very close to each other, because I recently got the "butternut squash" update too. ;) The heartburn is rough-- all you can do is just invest in a big bottle of Tums and try to hang in there!

Heather said...

You look super cute!

Gable said...

you always look so cute...and even cuter in person:) definitely want an invite to the baby blog!

RED said...

You look fantastic! So healthy and happy! Definitely have that pregnancy glow working!!
I can't wait to hear/see more with the baby progress! YEAH!

icing on the cake said...

Uh oh, the internet ate my comment, but you look AMAZING! I hope I look that good in a month. And I hear you about the dresses...I'm glad I live in LA where it doesn't get too cold for them. I'm really interested in hearing about the baby gear, cause I need to start working on that this weekend!

In His Army said...

You look great! Glad you're feeling well too!

Melissa said...

You look so cute and I love all the dresses you picked out! :)

I will definitely want to see the blog for the baby when you do it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on your upcoming addition! You look great, and don't worry, the pregnancy puffiness goes away only to be replaced by lack of sleep puffiness! :)

kolls said...

How freaking cute are you!?

The Mrs. said...

You look wonderful!!! I need to post a preggy photo....or at least take one! You need to do your pampering now! You're going to baby vegas where you will be in lock down!

 
custom blog design