Friday, January 2, 2009

Hair Help!

I need help and advice! In the past week, this very pregnant person has developed an oily scalp. Yuck. I hate it!

I need a shampoo / powder, etc. that will help this problem. Any suggestions or advice?

(The posts have been sporadic because we are out of town... will return to normally scheduled programming next week... and Happy New Year!)

15 Additional Thoughts:

icing on the cake said...

Do you like dry shampoo? I use it to help keep my color fresh by not washing as much. I've used Rene Fureter and Bumble and Bumble hair powder. Both work well, though since the B&B is colored, I like the Fureter because it is less messy.

Some Like it Southern said...

A couple of recomendations:

1)Try using a shampoo for "fine/thin hair" even if your hair is thick. Shampoo made for fine hair is usually lighter so it does not weigh the hair down.
2)Limit the amount of conditioner you use or do not use any.
3)Shampowder! http://buttercreamcosmetics.com/catalog.php?category=1
This stuff is great and really works well! You can choose the pigment closest to your hair color- and a little goes a long way so you'll get lots of use out of one tube!
Can you tell that I used to work at a salon, haha? Hope that helps!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I used to now of this powder you could sprinkle in your hair to help with the oil. If I remember it I will let you know!

Heather said...

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo works great!!

The Fabulous Side of Me said...

Agh, oily hair sucks. I randomly got a case of it a few years ago and used Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Formula Shampoo for a couple weeks and it helped (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=14485&catid=10339).

Lauren said...

if you're in a pinch, poof baby powder into your roots. just squeeze the bottle in the general direction while it's upright (otherwise you're dumping powder, which is non-awesome and makes you look like an old granny). also, alcohol-based hair products (hair spray) then brush it through... that can absorb some oil too.
I'm still going through my awkward phase.

Erin R said...

I used the Bumble & Bumble hair powder when my hair was super short... it helped a ton. And as weird as it sounds, not washing it as often helps with the oil.
Give me a call sometime soon... miss you!

Mrs. Ruby said...

I know it sounds silly...but just put a dab of baby powder in your hair. It soaks up all the oil!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

oooh! Another Dallas, preppy blogger! (Actually I'm in the burbs!) Love your blog! I'll be checking back soon!

And thanks for posting this as I don't like to wash my hair everyday to keep it from drying out, but I hate oily scalps! Ack!

Come visit me, southern sister!
The Southern Housewife

Princess Freckles said...

I've used Shampure (sp?) from Aveda. I like that. It gets ride of any residue from product and any oil. Also, when my hair is oily, I sometimes use baby powder on my scalp. Bumble & Bumble makes colored hair powders also. Good luck!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I like Aveda Scalp Benefits. It helps with my oily roots, but it doesn't dry out the rest of my hair.

Mrs. Shelton said...

I have oily hair as well. I use Biolage Normalizing shampoo and I love it! I can tell a difference if i use anything else. Hope this helps!

Trish said...

Soda shampoo by Fresh. They've got it at Sephora.

Adventures in Newlywed said...

T3 Dry Shampoo for dark hair - I'm a brunette too, and it works fabulously! You can get it at a little Beauty Supply store at the NW corner of Abrams and Mockingbird in Lakewood.

Mrs. Case said...

I think dry shampoo would be your best bet but I saw pics of post-delivery and your hair looked great! :)

 
custom blog design