Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Thoughts

This is going to be all over the place.... hence the random thoughts.

1. Baby M is 10 months old! Therefore, I need to start planning her first birthday party!!!! I know you all have some great party planning blogs... please pass them along! I am thinking a garden party theme might be fun. Or vintage circus theme. Decisions, decisions.

2. I made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend and they were delish. Seriously, some of the best I have ever had. Chewy and crunchy at the same time. Not sure what makes them so wonderful, but they are addicting. (And I am not even a huge chocolate chip cookie fan...)

3. I love doing crafty things around the house. I cannot sew, so I have a love affair with the hot glue gun and the staple gun. I recently recovered the cushion on an antique chair that my Mema had restored. Love this fabric.... I am also having living room curtains made from this fabric.

4. I also made a bow holder for all of Miss A's bows.


5. I got my H1N1 shot this afternoon. I love how CVS and Walgreens now do vaccines.... it was super easy to just pop in and not have to wait for a doctor or nurse.

***New pictures over at Baby M***

3 Additional Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about planning Gray's party already too (seriously, I need help for this compulsion).

I like the idea of the garden party. I think we're going to do a red wagon themed picnic at the park next to our house.

I found this inspiration for picnics: http://verymerryevents.blogspot.com/2008/05/ladybug-picnic-party.html

Love the gingham: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/2009/09/gingham-birthday-party.html

Would totally do this if I had a girl: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/2009/09/birthday-party-by-style-me-pre.html

Circus Inspiration: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/2009/04/circus-party.html

Great cakes: http://www.cookiemag.com/food/party/2009/08/cake-contest2

And love this idea: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/2008/12/how-to-make-a-photo-garland.html

The Shabby Princess said...

Love the fabric on that chair!

KK said...

That bow holder is to die for. You need to post directions on how to make that!

 
custom blog design