Wednesday, July 9, 2008

She was a good dog.

Actually, she was a perfect dog. This morning, we had to put our family dog to sleep. Scooter has been a part of our life for the past 17 years and she will be missed.

We love you girl.

33 Additional Thoughts:

Hopsy said...

I am so sorry. This is so hard to go through and you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Pretty amazing longevity though:) Hope rainbow bridge treats her right!

Pink Flamingo said...

I’m so sorry and saddened to hear about your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts today…

All the best-

Tracey Schwartz said...

What a blessing she must have been to you and your family! I am so sorry for your loss.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Snif, snif. So sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh Mrs. Preppy, what a shame. I'm sorry. :-(

She sounds like such a love of a girl, and it must be kind of a gaping hole in your lives and in your hearts right now.

Our kitty is named Scooter (of all things) and both she and her her sister Tilly the bulldog, send their hugs and kisses to you.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
TP

lisagh said...

My thoughts are with you and your family ... I have tears in my eyes. What a sweet little pup.

A.D. said...

I'm so sorry. She looks like she was a sweet and loving dog. I think losing a pet is one of the hardest things to go through because they are such a huge part of our lives. My thoughts are with you & your family.

TCP said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Kate said...

Oh man. This made me tear up, especially since my dog is getting old :(

My thoughts are with your family

Muffy said...

That is SOOO sad. I am SO SORRY!!!!

Tippy said...

Mrs. Preppy, I am so sorry to hear the news. What a sad day for you. I hope you are feeling better soon but I'm sure you'll miss her terribly.

Anonymous said...

She was amazing! She never had puppies - yet she raised 3 kids, guided and guarded 3 cats, Oreo, Stormy, and Tigger. She had a buddy in Max - a toothless Chihuaha, and most recently endured a mut named Blu and a VERY active 4 month Lab puppy.

Everybody in the neighborhood knew her and loved her.

I am sure she is chasing squirrels in heaven and updating her friends Oreo and Stormy on the goings on at our house!

Ticey said...

aww, so sorry!!!

The Pink Owl said...

So sorry for your loss...

Always Organizing said...

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts..

Erin R said...

I loved Scoot... She was great to cuddle with when I housesat.

Sorry for your loss, but am glad she's squirrel chasing again. :)

Lipstick said...

I'm so sorry, Mrs. Preppy. Sad day.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am so sorry to hear about Scooter. Your family is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your adorable dog Scooter. You are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Aw, what a doll. It is always such a terrible thing no matter how old or sick she may have been.

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so sorry about that. It's got to be tough since she was with you and your family for so long. Hang in there!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry, that's such a hard thing to go through. I hope you're doing as well as you can be. My doggies send puppy hugs your way :)

kolls said...

Oh sugar, your family is in my prayers!

Deborah said...

I'm so sorry. I know what you're going through. But what a lucky girl to have had such a long and happy life. She is adorable. I say this through tears. God bless and you're in my prayers.

Suzanne said...

So sorry for your loss...when you're ready, there's a great book called "Dog Heaven" by Cynthia Rylant. It will make you cry and then smile. My mom has a copy and keeps a picture of our beloved family dog in it.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm sorry for your loss. My dog from high school died Saturday night as well. It's horrible to lose a pet. I hope you're feeling better!

Preppy Lizard said...

I am so sorry about your sweet dog. I know how hard it is to loose a wonderful family pet.

L.A. Prep said...

So Sorry. Read my post "An Ode to Jasper". I really know how you feel, we did the same in March.

The Mrs. said...

I lost my Scooter the car a year ago. It was so sad and the end of an era. I know how you feel. I'm so sorry.

Etiquettely Correct said...

I'm so sorry. I know its so hard to put your dog down. They are such wonderful companions.

MLK said...

How did you come to your decision? My 12 year old Cavalier King Charles spaniel is really aging. She still makes the puppy pad, eats, wags her tail.

I know my day will come, but I just don't know how I will really know.

Mrs.Preppy said...

MLK - Scooter was taking steroids just to be able to get up / walk and over the past couple months, we had to continue to increase her dosage to an insanely high amount. Plus, she got to the point where she had no "control" at all and would not eat / drink. I think you know when the time comes.

 
custom blog design