Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bebe #2

Thank you all for the kind words regarding bebe #2! We are all very excited. Here is a rundown thus far:

  • I am 9.5 weeks along

  • We were able to see the heartbeat last week and everything looks great.

  • No morning (or afternoon or evening) sickness, but I have absolutely ZERO desire to eat meat. So, if you have any good recipes without meat, please pass them along.

  • I don't think we are going to find out the gender. We were surprised with Miss A and we are going to do that again.

  • I have been accumulating stuff for Miss A's big girl room for a while, so we are almost ready to start the big switch to her big girl room.

  • We have already started to discuss names. And we will probably be discussing names up until the very last minute. Ha!

  • My goal was to wear normal jeans for at least 8 weeks. I was able to meet that goal, but just barely. With Miss A I was pregnant in the winter, so I am having to get all new stuff for this pregnancy. So far, I have ordered stuff from Boden, Gap and Old Navy.

  • Overall, I am feeling great. By the end of the day I am beat, but chasing a busy and active toddler all day would do that to anyone!

11 Additional Thoughts:

The Shabby Princess said...

Filing away the "no desire to eat meat" into my brain for upcoming supper club meal ideas!

So thrilled for you and the Mr. and Miss A! She is going to be such a fun big sister.

love you!
xoxo

Kate said...

I had no idea Boden did maternity! CUTE CUTE CUTE! You'll have to share your finds!

chelsea said...

How exciting! I love when people wait to find out. That's what we plan to do whenever that day comes!

And as for meatless recipes... I don't eat meat so there are several on my Menu Mondays! My favorites lately are my recipe for stuffed shells, a sour cream enchilada recipe from PW, pizza Margherita, quesados, some spicy bean burritos, tomato and artichoke spaghetti... ok, I guess that's alot of favorites. :)

Sunshine In The City said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

Amanda M said...

Congratulations! That is so great that you are feeling so well. My morning/day/night sickness hit at week 6 and took me for a run for my money, but thankfully it was only 6 weeks and I felt fine for the rest :) Congratulations again, Miss A is SO cute!

A.B. said...

My fave jeans were Lilac. I mean of ALLLLLL of the fancy jeans I bought, those were my super faves and they were only like $60 or something. Also, should you be interested... I have a pair of paige laurel canyons that I never ever wore (unaltered) should you want to purchase.

So excited for you... and I love maternity clothes. I'm weird. I know.

Emily (The Culinary Couple) said...

1) Two of our favorite meatless dishes: http://theculinarycouple.com/2010/12/15/roasted-butternut-squash-orzo/ and http://theculinarycouple.com/2010/12/10/moroccan-vegetable-stew/. 2) I love that you're waiting to find out the gender. I think I might go crazy before September, but it will be worth it! 3) I just placed a big order with Gap and Old Navy. Lots of cute summer dresses! 4) Congrats again!

Dana said...

Congratulations. Good luck on your 8 weeks of wearing regular jeans goal.

mommaofonediva said...

that is wonderful news!!! congratulations.

Jackie said...

Congratulations! Very exciting :)

dmmlandcruiser said...

Wow, what great news!!! Congrats to you and your family.

I had a huge meat aversion until 16weeks.
My recipe has only 2 ingredients:
Lucky Charms and Milk!!!

 
custom blog design