Friday, March 4, 2011

Backyard SOS

Now that it is almost porch weather in Dallas, we need to get our backyard in tip top shape.

Ever since we moved into our house, we have been trying to tackle the mess that is the landscaping. The previous owners went completely over the top and covered every single square inch of the yard with something. There was practically zero grass, and the grass that was there is not in good shape. Pretty soon we are going to rip up everything in the backyard and re-sod and add just a couple of plants.

I think there are at least two things that are important for a good backyard porch - seating and outdoor lighting. Last year we bought a new patio set and this year we need to get some good lighting. My favorite is the lantern style.... we really don't have that much lighting out there now, so this will be a fairly easy project.

And after we get some new lighting, we need to get a swing set for Miss A, a new fence and some grass that is not DEAD!

Once we get all of this completed, I can guarantee that we will be living outside - at least until the temps start to boil.

CSN sponsored post

1 Additional Thoughts:

Madison's Mommy said...

My hubby and I live in Dallas as well and can totally relate to the whole backyard re-do!! We are about to start that process too after finishing the remodel process inside we are now beginning the outside work! I love your blog! I just started a blog and would love for you to check it out and become a follower!

XOXO

 
custom blog design