Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day in the life

I think it is interesting to read how other people spend their day. Are they constantly working on a project? How many Diet Coke's are consumed? Do they stay home all day or are they out and about? Well, here is a little snapshot into my life.

Here is how I spent my day last Friday:

6 - I wake up to Jake's huge paws on my face.... take me out!

After I take him outside I fall asleep on the couch.

745 - Mr. brings Miss A down and we cuddle and play on the couch

8 - Breakfast time... Diet Coke and grapes for me and a waffle with peanut butter and banana slices and milk for Miss A

Almost step on glass. Jake broke a frame last night and glass shards are magically appearing. Crazy dog.

Miss A and I play, play, play

Assess the mud pit of the back yard. How many squares of sod do we need?

9 - Head out to Home Depot for sod.

910 - No sod at Home Depot. Looks like the mud pit will remain a mud pit for 1 more week.

915 - Head over to Target for new tweezers and some new nail polish

10 - Back home for Miss A's morning nap

1015 - I clean up from breakfast... start the dishwasher... restock the fridge with Diet Coke... mop the floors... start a load of laundry...


Find more glass in the study. How in the world did glass end up there when the frame broke in the kitchen? Damn dog.

Listen to the President while doing the above chores.

1105 am - Another Diet Coke and fix a play necklace for Miss A


1115 am - I am refinishing our dining room table.... sand the top and start painting the trim

12 - paint on my shorts. Crap.

1215 - Stop painting and watch the rest of Real Housewives DC from the night before


1230 - Miss A is still asleep! Start Watch What Happens Live and start another load of laundry

115 pm - Miss A is up!

130 - Lunch with my dad and Miss A at Chick Fil A

215 - Errands - Office Max, Michael's, Old Navy

4 - Miss A's 2nd nap

430 - I water my plants and try to figure out what is eating these leaves


5 - Miss A never fell asleep, but she sang to herself and played with her bunny for an hour

515 - The Mr. is home early and we discuss plans for dinner

So.... that was a typical day for me. What are your days like?

3 Additional Thoughts:

Michelle said...

Wow - busy day!! Mine isn't nearly so exciting - just work work work!

cozystyle.blogspot.com

Hallie said...

I keep saying I'm going to do a post with what my day is like... but I always forget to take pictures... and then I'd have to admit exactly how much time I spend on the computer... ha!

icing on the cake said...

That sounds an awful lot like my day. Except, Miss A seems to nap a lot more than Baby K - and she sleeps later. Any tips you can share?

 
custom blog design