Monday, September 27, 2010

Hey Punkin'

Hello there... I am still here, just had zero desire to blog last week. I mean, how interesting are car wrecks, doctor appointments, trips to the ER and gall bladder sonograms? Yeah, sounds like a real snoozer of a week - don't you think?


Anyway, now that it is officially fall, this means it is time to start seasonal decorating! I love to decorate, but when you try to cram in Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas decor all in 3 months, it is enough to make me insane. Seriously - I would just get the ghosts and goblins put away and it would be time to get out the tinsel. So, to make things easier, I stick to pumpkins for October and November. Nothing too specific for Halloween, just little things that are easy to fill with peanut butter M & M's or Reese's Pieces. And I don't think I have any Thanksgiving specific decor.


Last night I decorated some pumpkins for our dining room table.





I love how they turned out! Aside from the hot glue gun burns, these were fun to make. I just made up of the patterns as I went, but these would also be great with ric rac or pom pom trim.
**New pictures on Baby M**

7 Additional Thoughts:

StylishSuburban said...

Love your pumpkins! Hope you are all well. Last week sounds awful.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I was away from twitter a lot last week, but I thought I saw something about a car accident and kept meaning to tweet you! Are you and the fam ok??

Your pumpkins are so cute! Great idea! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Girl! Those look awesome!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

loooooove them!!! you did a great job! I just got to paint to paint on mine!

Always Organizing said...

Such cute pumpkins!!!

KK said...

They look great, so festive!

icing on the cake said...

So cute and crafty. I have always been a little afraid of the glue gun, but I think you've convinced me to try! Now that it is under 100 again here in LA, I guess it's time for fall.

 
custom blog design