Thursday, April 29, 2010

Game Room Decor

When we moved into our house every wall was painted the standard contractor beige. Boring. We are slowly adding some color into the house - right now I am working on the game room. My goal with this room was to make it 'kid friendly' yet not too 'kiddish.' I want the room to look great when the adults are up there playing Wii, but at the same time I do not want the bright toys to look too out of place.

My inspiration for the room was this rug from Crate & Barrel.

I love it! It is full of color, but does not look like a kindergarten classroom.

Now onto the walls..... We already had this teal Chicago Ork poster and it matches the rug perfectly.
And keeping with the map theme, I added this bright world map.

I still need to get a couple more things.... like this wire curtain hanger from Ikea. I am going to get a couple of these and mount them on the wall and use it to display Miss A's artwork. This way I can rotate out the pieces and it will look polished and cute at the same time.
And we need some curtains and I need to paint some furniture. Decorating is a never ending process! I will post pictures once the entire room is completed.

4 Additional Thoughts:

AndreaLeigh said...

what a great idea on how to display artwork! thanks for sharing. i'm putting this in my inspiration file.

Steady Plodder... said...

You're always so creative and think outside the box. Can't wait to see the finished room! And I loved your chair "makeover"!!

texasinafrica said...

Let us know how it goes with the wire curtain hanger. I tried to get the darn thing tense enough to hold pictures steady for two years without success. It's such a cute idea.

AEOT said...

B- this is going to be awesome!! I can't wait to see the room. I love the rug, the Chicago poster (obvs!!), and I'm going to have to get a few of those wire hangers. SO perfect for kids!!!

 
custom blog design