Sunday, April 25, 2010
Weekend Project
A couple weeks ago we were on our Saturday morning walk and came across a neighborhood garage sale. You never know what sort of goodies you will find, so we decided to take a look. I found this beat up chair with an awful faded denim cushion.
And, it was only $5! I had no idea what color I would paint it or what fabric I would redo the cushion with or where the chair would even go. But, for $5 it was too good to pass up.
I picked out some fabric and paint.
Spray paint seemed like the best option for this chair because once I started sanding I realized the quality of the wood was not that great and I did not want to waste any more time or money on this project. I ended up doing 3 coats of paint - Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.

After a few trigger pulls of the staple gun I had recovered the cushion and voila!
I am hooked.... I loved this little project and I also love random chairs throughout a house.
**New pictures over on Baby M***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Additional Thoughts:
Fabulous! Great job!!
Soo cute!! Nice work - and good eye spotting that chair!
Oh my gosh, love it! I wish I was that creative.
I love it! That color is great with the fabric, you're so crafty! You need to teach me a few things!
Looks great! :)
I am the queen of this stuff, most of my furniture comes from thrift stores! Love the chair!
Post a Comment