Thursday, October 8, 2009

My soapbox


Nie Nie was on Oprah yesterday… she was incredible to watch. Her faith, will to live, and spirit are enough to make anyone take a second look at their life and be thankful…Plus, she looked wonderful in her pumpkin colored sweater and top!

And this is when I step on my soapbox…. My issue was with the stay at home mom who was also a guest with Nie Nie. This woman made my blood boil. She is able to stay at home with her children yet she is bitter and angry about this. The very thought of play-do makes her want to throw up….she does not like eating meals with her children… she does not like playing games with them. Hearing her say this made me so angry. Does she not think her children are listening to her? Does she not think that they can sense your disgust about having to be at home with them? She was one of the most self centered people and now she is on national tv talking about how she does not appreciate her day to day life with her children.

If your life is so awful, get a job. Work at Target. Work at Starbucks. But, don’t complain and moan about having to spend time with your children. You are not going to get any compassion or sympathy. Not from Nie Nie. Not from Oprah. And definitely not from me.

8 Additional Thoughts:

Lindsay said...

i felt the same exact way yesterday! she has some guts to go on Oprah saying that stuff...

The Shabby Princess said...

Ahh! I didn't get to watch Oprah yesterday, but, I loooove Nie Nie--so bummed I was at stupid work and we don't have stupid TiVo/DVR.

That's so weird that they would have someone so the polar opposite of Stephanie on the same episode.

How sad that she hates being at home with her children. I guess it's not for everyone, but, I agree, if you're miserable, find something else to do from time to time.

Yikes.

Maria said...

ugh i agree! especially as an ex-nanny to many SAHMs!

Shannon said...

Oooohhh...I totally agree. I was heartbroken for her children that she thought of them that way and spoke about spending time with them that way. I hope she felt like a total idiot after spending a day with Nie Nie. (Who made me cry, and cry, and cry. So beautiful.)

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Seriously - I was bugged that Oprah even had her on the same show. I stopped watching. I wanted to hear more from Stephanie.

Brittany said...

I watched it on my DVR last night. That lady's attitude bothered me, but even more than that, I hated how she talked down to NieNie like her life was soooo bad and she couldn't believe how she gets through the day. Yes, her life is totally different, but don't talk down to her like she's not capable. And her reaction to their old family photo was bad too. What a peach.

Lindsay said...

I totally agree. I was disgusted and appalled that they would put a woman like that with Nie Nie. I felt very protective of her and wanted that woman to leave!

Solar Powered said...

Yeah, I was waiting for her to redeem herself but she never did! I think her issues were deeper than being an unhappy SAHM.

 
custom blog design