Thursday, September 22, 2011

Steal of the century

I think that decorating a house is an ongoing process.... well, at least it is for me. I am constantly finding new little treasures or some great fabric that I want to incorporate somehow into our home. I have mentioned before how I am kind of bi-polar when it comes to decor - part of me wants all white, cream and neutrals and then the other half craves color - orange, turquoise and green! The fun part is finding the right balance that works for your home.

The other day, I had The Nate Show on while I was doing some things around the house. I am not sure what the majority of the episode was about, but at the very end he was talking about the various ways paint and fabric can transform a simple chair into many different looks. This is the first look that he talked about.

Look familiar? This little turquoise chair was one of my first little furniture projects last year. Glad to know that Nate and I have similar taste.


And then today, I hit up the Wisteria Warehouse Sale with a friend. Kristen has wonderful taste and somehow received an invite to this wonderful sale. (Side note - check out her fab home. Love love love)

We were walking around, checking out the great deals and then all of a sudden I saw what appeared to be another Missoni-esq frenzy. Women were are trying to get their hands on these wonderful, European spindle chairs. I quickly got into line and was able to snag 2 of these incredible chairs. Not sure why they were selling at such a huge discount, but I did not waste any time by asking any questions.


Your eyes are not playing tricks on you - that tag is correct. A $600 chair for $10.


And now comes the fun part ..... picking out a fabric for the cushions!


1 Additional Thoughts:

katie lake said...

I love them! They would look so good with a bold strip like a navy.

 
custom blog design