Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goodbye Oprah


I have always loved Oprah.




She came on at 4 and everyday after school I would watch her while I was working on my homework or having an after school snack. Granted, not all of her episodes were right up my alley, but I still watched them. I now tivo each and every episode and usually watch them at night as I am falling asleep.



Her show has been on the air for 25 years. Granted, I have probably not been watching her all of those 25 years, but she has been on the air most of my life. And she will be missed.



The Mr. thinks I am silly for saying that I am going to miss her, since she now has her OWN network..... But, it will not be the same. Yes, I am an emotional pregnant sap that loves Oprah.



3 Additional Thoughts:

Solar Powered said...

i will miss her so much. today's show was so emotional and I can't blame pregnancy hormones. If I were in your shoes I would have been a mess!

She leaves such a legacy behind. Hopefully we can get our fix on OWN :)

Legal Preppy said...

I feel the same way about Oprah. I've been watching all week and it's just been so touching hearing what everyone has to say about her and to see how many lives she has touched. I remember coming home from school every day, too, and my mother or grandmother always having her on. She is truly a remarkable woman.
xo, C
legalpreppy.blogspot.com

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I posted about this today too!! I will miss her so much. There's just something to be said for having Oprah as a constant companion throughout life... she just *gets* women.

 
custom blog design