Yesterday was the Mr's birthday! I asked him what he wanted me to make for his birthday dinner and he said steak. Eek. I am not that great with cooking steak, but it was his birthday so I could not argue with him. I knew that I could not necessarily guarantee a great steak, but I could give him a wonderful cake, so I made his favorite - Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake.





Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
Mix the first 6 ingredients. Put 1/3 of the batter into a separate bowl. Add the chocolate chips and chocolate to the larger portion. Put the chocolate layer into a greased bundt pan and then add vanilla portion. Swirl together.
Bake at 350 for 50 min - 1 hour.
And as you can see, the cake was well received.

Here the the rest of the birthday meal: steak (not pictured), twice baked potatoes, green beans, red wine sauteed mushrooms and cheese biscuits.
0 Additional Thoughts:
Post a Comment