If you live in Dallas, you have probably heard about the horrible accident that happened on the Katy Trail last week.
There have been numerous news stories and articles about this incident, but here are just a couple.
Jogger Critically Injured on Katy Trail
Dallas Jogger Hit by Bicycle on Katy Trail Dies
It was a freak thing that leaves you questioning almost everything and asking why. I wish I had more comforting thoughts during this period of loss. But mainly I just end up thinking about the times we had together and I just end up sad and crying.
Lauren Huddleston is my friend. She was a kind and compassionate soul that would do anything for anyone. She lived her life that way and she ended her life that way. Her organs, tissue and bones are going to be able to save the lives of almost 100 people. She was that type of person that never said negative things about people, but you could tell she never even thought those unkind things about people. 28 is too young to die.
Lauren, you are loved and you will be missed.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 Additional Thoughts:
I am so sorry. I haven't been able to get that story out of my head. It's a terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend.
how awful :( I'm so sorry
Such sad news. Praying for you as well as her family.
I am so very sorry for your loss
Oh my gosh, sweetie, I didn't know you were friends. I'm so sorry. It's so sad no matter what, but, I'm so sorry for your loss. I love you! Hugs.
That is so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry about your friend, Lauren. Thank you for sharing.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a tragic event. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved.
I am so sorry for your loss.. Such a tragedy.
Lauren was my friend as well, and I agree with everything you said about her. Not only is 28 too young, but its especially too young for such a wonderful person. Hugs to you.
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My heart goes out you and all her family and friends during this difficult time.
I'm so sorry for your loss. 28 is too young. Your friend's gift of life to so many people is such a generous gift. My sister has received 2 transplants, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank Lauren and her family for being so generous in such a time of sorrow. I will keep you and them in my prayers.
Post a Comment