Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap


Our weekend was a flurry of family, friends, baking, cooking, cleaning, laughing, and baptising! Baby M was baptised yesterday and afterwards we had about 25 of our closest friends and family over for a little shin-dig.

In preparation for the party, I spent all week making these little cake balls. Extremely time consuming, but totally worth it.


And I got to break out some of the wedding gifts.... loving the marble and silver cheese tray. And Nambe trays.... love.



For more pictures that actually include Baby M, head over to her blog. And you can admire the BEAUTIFUL gown that my mom made.
If I "know" you want and you invite to the Baby M blog, just let me know.....

18 Additional Thoughts:

Solar Powered said...

Wow, everything looks wonderful. Cheese and cake balls, what's better in life? I would love to see more pictures, I'll email you.

In This Wonderful Life said...

The flowers are beautiful and the food looks SO yummie!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

yay for baby M. Those cake balls look so delicious!

Anonymous said...

looks delicious!!! i made them cakeballs a while back- and boy was it a messy endeavor...but now you've made me want to do it again. THANKS! :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Looks like fun! I have been meaning to try making cakeballs sometime soon. I would love an invite to your Baby M blog. My email is southernnewlywed@aol.com

Princess Freckles said...

Everything looks so festive and beautiful! I was just recently describing cake balls to my fiance and we agreed they sound delicious and are just perfect for a party. Were they a hit? They looked so cute next to the pink cake!

it must have been nice to use some wedding gifts! I've alredy started mentally planning a Christmas party in my head so that I can break our's out asap after the wedding! :)

In His Army said...

Looks like you did an awesome job! I would love to see her blog :) mmj04@windstream.net if you can send me an invite! :)

The Shabby Princess said...

YAY!! Those flowers are gorgeous and way to go on making the cake balls! I don't have the patience.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so amazing. I don't know if you will remember me but I grew up at White Rock. I am Lynn Johnson's daughter. I remember your mom and dad. I think your mom even tutored me with my Algebra. Ha! I would love an invite to Baby M's blog.Thanks.

Denim and Pearls said...

Cuteness! Also, I love your backsplash - gorgeous!

Beth Dunn said...

That cake is too cute! xoxo

Uncommon Blonde said...

Yumm! I want to make (and eat) these now :)

Anonymous said...

Love the fruit and flower arrangements. Sunflowers are my fav!

it is everlasting said...

I absolutely LOVE your cheese try and identifications! What design is that?

dmmlandcruiser said...

Have to admit, I have never had a cake ball but they look delish! Congrats on such a blessed occasion!

Darci White said...

Wow - it all looks sooooo good! Great job!

The Mrs. said...

I love how the cake and little balls came out! Have the same tray by the way!

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

Please add me to the private blog for Baby M! I am late to the party but would love to catch up! Thanks!

 
custom blog design