Friday, August 7, 2009

Adios Amiga


We met our very first day of college orientation… and the rest is history.

I introduced her to her husband… she introduced me to Mr. We have lived together. Worked together. Traveled together. Shopped. Partied. Laughed. Cried. The list can go on and on.

We can communicate with each other without even talking. We as much alike as we are different. When out husbands die (everyone know the husband’s die first) we are going to get our other girlfriends together and live in a huge house on the beach. I think sometimes the husbands get jealous of our future plans. She was there when Baby M was born…

This girl is one of my very best friends in the entire world and tomorrow she will be driving off into the sunset in a moving van. I knew this day would come, but I would always push the thought out of my mind every time the subject came up. I am excited about the opportunity she has up in Connecticut, but I am sad that she is leaving. If you know me in real life, you know that I do not like to be sad. Sad and the Mrs. do not mix well.

Therefore tonight I will be hanging out with my other best friend. Mr.Merlot. He will never leave me for the East Coast.

6 Additional Thoughts:

The Shabby Princess said...

Aww, I'm sorry that she's moving, but, so glad that you have had such wonderful memories to reflect on! And enjoy your date with Mr. Merlot :)

Princess Freckles said...

You are so blessed to have a friendship like that! I'm sure this is hard for the both of you. Now you and baby M can take a road trip to the east! :)

Solar Powered said...

that's a hard thing. i still get sad some days and throw a fit because i want my BF from Denver back in town

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I am so sorry! I don't know what I would do if my best friend moved away =( I will be thinking about you, enjoy your time with Mr. Merlot!

Midwest Prep said...

That stinks- I feel for you. My BFFs live far away and I really love the little time we get to be together- it is hard- but I do have other great friends that are close by..and that helps

Mandi and Michael Chappell said...

Man do I have some photos that I could add to that collage.

 
custom blog design