Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thank You


Dear McDonald’s drive thru lady–
I see you on average a couple times a week.. Sometimes I am on my phone; sometimes I have Velcro rollers in my hair. Sometimes I might look like I am still asleep, but please know that I am thankful. Thankful that you take the extra 30 seconds to wipe down the Diet Coke that has spilled over from the top of the Styrofoam cup. This might not sound like a big deal, but once a Sonic worker did not wipe down the sides…. And I was wearing white pants…. And I put the large beverage between my legs….

And as much as I love drinking every last drop of that heavenly nectar, I am also thankful that you don’t overfill the cup. Have you ever tried to stick a straw into a too full cup? Disastrous.

I know my large diet coke is not that exciting of an order, but at 7:25am, it is the little things that make me smile.

Yours truly, Mrs Preppy

So, if you are ever at the McDonald’s on the corner of by my office and way too early, rest assured that there will not be any Diet Coke running down the side of your Styrofoam cup.

9 Additional Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, reminding us that it's the little things in life we should notice and appreciate. These are the things that, in some small way, can make our day. Nice!

Elizabeth said...

This is so true! It makes such a difference. :)

sarah said...

Ha! It's the little things that really matter! :)

Ticey said...

You crack me up!! It's the little things that count, isn't it??!!

Lindsay said...

haha i love this post.

i was in the drive thru @mickey d's the other day order a large diet coke and dude man didn't wipe it up or fill it up all the way. so i kindly took the lid off and asked "could you please fill this up all the way?"

(i mean, im paying $1.64 for it, i want my moneys worth)

he does so, and when i go to put the straw in, it totally overflows. ah, oh well, i asked for it.

Midwest Prep said...

I used to LOVE fountain diet cokes- They are the BEST. I haven't had a diet coke in over a year because I am crazy and boycotting aspertame- but man sometimes I miss it!

Solar Powered said...

I so appreciate things like this, especially when it comes to my Diet Coke.

Buford Betty said...

Too funny... does your McD's really have sytrofoam cups? We've just got the old skool paper ones. Anyway, I've had many a too full sodas and yeah... not good.

Annabel Manners said...

LOL, that's cute!

 
custom blog design