Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Decorating



I was in Williams Sonoma Home the other day and I found just the thing I was looking for, for our mantle. Only problem, in order to purchase these it would mean going without food for about a week. Yes, their lovely lemon branches were almost $40 a branch. Eek! I channeled my inner Martha and went to Michael's and purchased 2 bundles of fake lemons and some green florist tape. They were already on these tiny wire sticks, so I was able to come home and cut some branches from the yard and make my own!


I think they really look great with my collection of white temple jars / ginger jars / vases. As soon as this goes on sale, it will be mine. And when I mean sale, I mean super clearance. If anyone knows of an online retailer selling similar looking ones for less, let me know!

12 Additional Thoughts:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Lovely! Love that you made your own, I wouldn't have thought of that.

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Martha better watch out for you! Your lemon branches look great!

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness! I am lovin' the lemon branches!

Melissa said...

Love it! So cute and you saved a ton of money doing it yourself!

Preppy Lizard said...

Love the lemon branches!

The Mrs. said...

You did an awesome job. Those temple jars are fabulous!!!!! willie sonoma home is so spendy!!!

Preppy Mama said...

What a great job. Love them!

Tippy said...

I am totally impressed - that looks fantastic!

Emily said...

Wow you're really clever! What a great idea!

Hearts and Crafts said...

I have been keeping my eye on the same jars! I finally have the perfect place to put them and am keeping my fingers crossed that they go on sale soon!

kamaraderie said...

check out my blog...i found a cheaper version!!!! yay! I was searching for awhile (which is how i stumbled across your blog)

http://irunlikeagurrll.blogspot.com/

Rachel Ann said...

I know this is an old post, but if you are still looking for those jars then check to see if specialty shops around you carry Two's Company. The store I work at does and Two's Company made those jars last year and we have had ours on 60% clearance for the longest time. Just a thought!

Oh, and I love what your did with the lemons!

 
custom blog design