Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Cards

Checking the mail is a blah activity.... but when it is Christmas card season it is anything but blah! I love to see the card designs... the pictures... what people are wearing... the fun vacation pics, etc.



I plan our card down to the very last detail. Obviously, our outfits all coordinate. I hand address the cards using an ink color that coordinate with the card. The stamps would even coordinate in an ideal world. And as far as the card goes... I don't like anything with too high of a cheese factor. No talking snowmen or singing Santa's will be coming from this house.



And, I love to display the cards so we can look at them throughout the Christmas season. I made these clips using clothes pins and scrapbook paper.


(Steve was cat was not posed... just an added bonus)



From year to year I save all of the photo cards, as well as a copy of our card from that year. They are in an album and it is fun to look at the cards from previous years.



(That was last year's card.... do you think I would send out a card without Miss A?!?!)

8 Additional Thoughts:

Jenn said...

Our card, unfortunately is very uninteresting. We couldn't get a decent picture (in my opinion) so we sent out regular cards this year. Sorry in advance =)

Amy Thomson said...

I love the idea of photo cards, but not that many people in Australia do it. All ee normally get here is packaged cards, sometimes with an annual family letter with pictures and stories, but I love the photo cards! Maybe I'll begin the tradition next year:)

Mrs. Shelton said...

What is this years card? I posted mine the other day!

Midge said...

The cards on the banister is adorable!

Solar Powered said...

I think I recognize a little lila bug in this post! Your card was perfect - Miss A stole the show in that skirt.
Cute card presentation crafty girl!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

cute idea - I have tons of clothes pins & paper - I am on it!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

p.s. did you like our family photo? I couldn't get Coby in town ever to get a picture so I cropped a picture that was totally lame. Oh well.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love Christmas cards! Can't wait to see yours for this year!

 
custom blog design