Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vacation Recap


We are back from our fab beach vacation and now it is time to do the fun stuff, like unpack and laundry.

Overall, it was a great trip. Mix in a little rain, a trip to the hospital, and a 100 year old house and it made for our normal summer vacation. One highlight of the week was dinner at Lady and Sons! I hardly ate anything that day because I wanted to have plenty of room for the butter filled food.

I started off with a southern belle martini.


Then we all had cheese biscuits and hoe cakes.


The majority of the table had the buffet, but someone ordered the chicken pot pie and another had a fish dish. (Both were delish... I tasted both) I sampled almost everything on the buffet... fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, green beans, and another veggie casserole.




And for dessert there was peach cobbler.


I loved everything except the cobbler. Maybe that was because my stomach was already full with other savory goodness. My favorite items of the night were the cheese biscuits, mac n cheese and green beans.


More vacation pictures are posted on the private Baby M blog.

15 Additional Thoughts:

Some Like it Southern said...

Glad you had such a nice vacation. Isn't Lady & Sons great! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Lindsay said...

Man i am SO jealous! i went to the lady and sons for the first time back in march and those cheese biscuits were my fav too! i bought a mix from the store!

glad you enjoyed yourself!

Unknown said...

So fun! I love Savannah, it so pretty.

I love reading your blog and would love to read more about the divine Ms M, can I have an invite?

aheubanks@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

Oh yummm! I would love to go there!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Glad you guys had fun! Those cheese biscuits look so good!

The Shabby Princess said...

YUM!! Glad you got to go to The Lady and Sons! I'm jealous. ;)

AEOT said...

That is the most adorable picture of all of you. You look great!! I'd love to see more pics of babym if you want to invite me to the blog (if not, I totally understand about keeping things private!)

Glad you had a great time on vacay!

amanda said...

wasn't the fried chicken amazing? I'd never tried greens before (and I probably won't do it again until we go back), but I even liked those...I'm sure the butter didn't hurt. YUM.

You're little one is getting too big!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Those cheese biscuits looks amazing. I really want to eat there soon!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Glad you had fun even with the rain and being sick! I need an invite to see more pictures!

In His Army said...

yummm!Glad you had a good vacation!

Princess Freckles said...

OMG that food looks amazing! I want to visit Savannah so badly, and I especially want to eat at Lady and Sons! My youngest sister is in college in Jacksonville, and she has informed me that Savannah is not all that far away from her. So I plan to visit next Spring and we can take a road trip!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

I would love to go to Lady and sons. That would be the highlight of my trip too!

Everything looked delicious!!

Ticey said...

hmm...it all sounds so yummy!!!

mrs shortcake said...

Awesome! I love making Paula Deen's recipes - it's great to see some of the food featured in her Lady and Sons cookbook!

 
custom blog design