Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Blue Grass State

Long time, no talk blogworld.

Last week we were up in Lexington, KY for a little family vacation. My cousin got married and then everyone stayed in town for a family reunion. We have been getting together every summer for 23 years now. When this tradition first started, there were only 5 kids in the picture. Now, that number has grown to 11 and these "kids" are married, getting married, bringing their boyfriend/girlfriend, and having babies. Most summers, there are about 25-30 people that get together... and we enjoy every minute of it. (Most of the time. ha ha ha)

Here are just a few of the zillion pictures I have from the week.
Here we are at the rehearsal dinner.
My cousin and I are the same age.... and we both have daughters that are the same age. We are best friends and I am positive our daughters will also be best friends.

We went to the KY Horse Park and Miss A loved every second of it. She had no fear when it came to touching the horses... I think she wants a pony for her birthday. Poppa - you reading this?




KY is known for their bourbon so we had to tour a local distillery - Woodford Reserve. Miss A even got her first taste of bourbon at the end of the tour. Just kidding!


And when we weren't drinking bourbon, we were out on the lake. Miss A loved being out on the water and even had her first tube ride.

Want to see pictures that actually show her face? Head over to the Baby M blog.

5 Additional Thoughts:

Stephanie said...

So fun! We were at Woodford this weekend too! PS: adore that light blue ruffled tank you're wearing in the pic!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Oh Mrs. Preppy, I'd get into too much trouble visiting the Woodford Reserve. One of my fave bourbons:)

Jessi said...

Love, Love Lexington!! Went to UK and stayed for 6 years after...Miss it sometimes!

Grace said...

You look fantastic in the brown dress! Where did you get it??

Amber said...

I LOVE YOUR DRESS! Very cute! I would love to know where you purchased it!

 
custom blog design