Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jury Duty







October 24, 2007. In my mind, that is 3 days from the wedding. 3 days of the last minute rushing around….. Getting a mani/pedi. Finalizing all the counts for the caterer and bakery. Making sure everyone gets checking into their hotels.

YET, in the eyes of the Dallas County justice system, that is the day juror #356 needs to show up at the Frank R. Cowley court house in Dallas. Normally, I would not mind jury duty. I am one of those people that thinks this is something we should all do, part of your civic duty. BUT, that thinking gets thrown out the window 3 days before my wedding.











Luckily, Dallas County makes it easy to postpone this civic duty… all I had to do was provide written proof that I was going to be out of town.

One more reason I cannot wait to be sitting on the beach in Maui – it is helping me postpone my jury duty!






If you look closely at the back of the summons you will notice the various acceptable reasons for jury duty disqualification. I am thinking that I could have also used excuse #4.

(4) I am not of sound mind.

No bride is going to be of sound mind 3 days before the wedding – right?

2 Additional Thoughts:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Yikes! I am glad you got out of it!

Can't wait to hear all about the fabulous wedding & honeymoon!

Kimba said...

Next up...Dreaming about being at jury duty in your wedding dress.

I hope the next week is great for you!

 
custom blog design